Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:01:16 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>, Rico Secada <coolzone@it.dk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Jerry
Subject:   Re: Adding a XP disk to FreeBSD machine

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:23:00 -0700
Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Rico Secada wrote:
> > [...]
> > I have another HD which used to be in the same box running XP. I set
> > this drive to slave and installed it into the box in order to
> > dualboot.=20
> > [...]
> >  =20
> 1. All windows disks must be primary if you're going to boot off of
> them -- sorry, it's a stupid requirement that M$ setup a long time

What do you mean? I think he asked about slave (primary I suppose). I
ask this because ...

> 3. You'll have to setup the boot manager on the windows disk.

... "windows" can normally boot from slave position without bootloader,
(in some cases with help of 'boot.ini' and ntldr/ntdetect.com, but
AFAIK only if booting is impossible even when ad1 (D) is selected in
BIOS as the first boot choice).

Ok, it's maybe simpler to add FreeBSD's boot sector, but that's not
necassary.

So, Rico should first check if "windows" can boot directly from D. If
not, that's another problem.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87