Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:08:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcsh broken

>  * From: Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
>
>  * control over that.  But I sort of wish that the older tarball (i.e.
>  * 6.09.01 in this case) would reliably get mirrored on wcarchive,
>
> I'm sorry this was the case.  I'm doing all I can in my power to make
> it happen, but in this case this is why it didn't work:

I'm not really interested in this particular case, or excuses at all, since
I know it's simply not a task that's possible.  As it is, it's probably a
freakin' wonder that things work as well as they do...  I went and did a
whole boatload of flawless shell/X11 type port installs, normally the worst
offenders, up until StarOffice but that's just because Sun blows for
requiring X up and running to set up.

> If I had any control over it, I'd get more machines so that we don't
> have to do (2), but right now with only 6 machines to run the
> compilation (two of them died since last year) and with over 3,600
> ports, it takes almost two full days to compile one set so it's simply
> not possible to take care of all branches sufficiently during the
> release cycle.

Quite understandable.  What kind of machines were they, btw?
--
... Joe