Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:46:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tell Micro$oft what you think

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Charlie Schloemer wrote:
>
> 	as users of FreeBSD, we should be deeply grateful to these
> 	hardware companies....we get all the improvement without
> 	suffering any of the MS induced sludge-ware.

I'm not so sure about that...  Think of the hardware we might be using
today if it weren't for MS domination?  The last several generations of
hardware have been built around running windows.  AMD's K6es say "Windows
Compatible" on the top, etc....

There's definetly two sides to this argument, and I agree with parts of
both.  :)

You can't try to figure how things would be if they were different. :)

Later......						<Doug>