Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:41:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS stable before release?

Is anyone currently working on getting NFS fixed before the 3.0 release? If
not, is there someone willing to start, that would benefit from getting some
core-dumps from crashes, and a testbed that seems to crash daily? :)

For those uninformed... I'm able to get the following panic's under heavy
nfs client usage:

page fault while in kernel mode
fault on no fault entry
nfs rcvunlock
nfsbioread
bwrite: buffer is not busy???
nfs physio
vm_page_free: freeing free page
vm_page_free: invalid wire count

(listed in approximate order of frequency)

I can also reproduce problems where processes get stuck after the nfs server
dies and comes back....

After this, if anyone wants to tackle NIS, i'll help there, too. :)

Kevin