Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 01:03:42 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014534223.02efd3@mired.org>
To:        dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advice sought re MS Office compatibility

D. Michael McFarland <dmmcf@uiuc.edu> types:
> Jud <jud@operamail.com> writes:
> The only app that comes close to satisfying everyone is FrameMaker,
> but it appears Adobe is going to let that product die, at least on the
> Mac.

Sigh. You know they released a "test" version of FrameMaker for Linux,
and it ran quite nicely on FreeBSD. Unfortunately, they built in a
timer to make sure it died, and decided not to release it as a
product.

Personally, I was fully prepared to cough up the $800 or so I expected
it to cost.

	Oh well,
	<mike