Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:44:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What kind of SCSI controller is in a Compaq Proliant 3000?

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Mike Smith wrote:
> > This is a little late, I've got a hefty -current backlog I'm clearing.
> >
> > I've definately seen Compaq's with AMD SCSI controllers, I can't
> > remember whether they were proliants though. I thought we had support
> > for them as well?
>
> Older ones did, yes.  We lost the support with the CAM changeover; the
> old AMD driver is impenetrable and nobody surfaced to convert it or
> maintain it.

Which older ones?  I know the to old Compaq box I have with builtin SCSI
uses the NCR 53c7xx chip which, to my knowledge, we never supported.  (I
do have the databook on it though...)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |