Date:      Wed, 09 May 2007 19:41:09 -0500
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: streaming guru needed

Quoting Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>:

> Julian Elischer wrote:
>> Stefan Ehmann wrote:

>>> For mplayer "-rtsp-stream-over-tcp" seems to be the equivalent (It =20
>>> works for me at least).
>>>
>>> Also, the LIVEMEDIA option needs to be enabled when building =20
>>> mplayer (which is off by default from what I've checked).
>>
>> Ahh that may be the trick.
>>
>> I'm broadcasting all of today from my office and home (but not when =20
>> I'm commuting :-)
>> so let me know if you see anything.. (URL above)
>
> looking at the sessions coming in I see about 50% succeeding and 50% =20
> failing..
> if you succeeed, post what you are using.. thanks.. (I know =20
> quicktime works fine)

Hi Julian,

Both mplayer, vlc and vlc-devel work fine here in Veracruz, Mexico.  I =20
just tested them both again after upgrading all.  Although I most =20
always prefer vlc over mplayer for RTP/RTSP

I was connected with vlc for over 5 minutes without missing a beat of =20
the music.  The video was fine but boring ;)  The music was a good =20
selection from the 60's IIRC so I listened more than watched.

If you have time and haven't already done it, you might want to look =20
at the  =09streaming-server-users@lists.apple.com.  I find it very very =20
informative.  I don't spend a lot of time on it but pickup a world of =20
hints.

Thanks for all your effort to make this happen for those of us who =20
won't be able to attend.

ed