Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:14:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        Gediminas Vilutis <gedas@itpa.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compex FL400TX/PCI

Gediminas Vilutis writes:

| Anyone has Compex FL400TX card working with FreeBSD? It is quad port DEC
| based card. Kernel sees all four interfaces (and pci bridge) normally, but
| when I try to configure any interface, computer simply hangs. Any ideas?

That's strange most just work.  I haven't used that card but I have been
using the DLink quad ethernet card.  It's cheap (~$150) and works fine with
the de & dc drivers.  We have a bunch here in use.  A lot cheaper then the
competition that list a $600+ per card.

What version of FreeBSD are you using?  I used -stable (3 branch), -current
and 4.0-RELEASE.

Doug A.