Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:53:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jeffrey D. LaCoursiere" <lacoursj@jeff.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printcap

I have an HP Officejet that I have been using with FreeBSD for some time.
It has the annoying property of only being to print 60 lines per page.  I
am using the following printcap entry:

squirt|lp|Hp OfficeJet:\
:lp=/dev/null:pl#60:sf:sd=/var/spool/output/squirt:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:sh:\
    :if=/usr/local/bin/textfilter:

I should explain that it is actually directly connected to a windows 98
box on my network at home, and /usr/local/bin/textfilter uses samba to
actually send the print job through (IP address X'ed out to protect the
innocent):

dudemon% cat /usr/local/bin/textfilter
#!/bin/sh
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/samba/bin
echo "
      " >> /tmp/print.$$
smbclient '\\LINDA\HPOJ' -P -N  -I XX.XX.XX.XX << EOF > /dev/null 2>&1
print /tmp/print.$$
exit
EOF

/bin/rm -f /tmp/print.$$

-----

Unfortunately it ends up printing 60 lines on the first page, 4 lines on
the second page, a form feed, and it continues on the third page.  Every
other page of course only has four lines on it.  I attempted using pl#60
and sf above, with no effect at all.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Jeff LaCoursiere
jeff@jeff.net