Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:25:24 -0600
From:      "Mike Loiterman" <mike@ascendency.net>
To:        <boutell@boutell.com>
Subject:   Gd 2.0.11 can't find png headers

=20

I'm trying to compile gd 2.0.11 but it can't seem to find the headers =
for PNG.  This is strange since it finds the headers for JPEG, FreeType =
and XPM without any problem and they're all in the same place.

I've tried different varations of --with-png=3DDIR none seem to allow it =
find the PNG headers.  I've done many searches on google and google =
groups but none seem to offer any advice for this problem.  I have =
png-1.2.5_1 installed on my FreeBSD 5.0 system.

Thanks for the help.

This is the section of the ./configure where it seems to get tripped up:

checking for png_create_read_struct in -lpng... no
configure: WARNING: libpng is required - see =
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/
checking for freetype-config... /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
checking freetype/freetype.h usability... yes
checking freetype/freetype.h presence... yes
checking for freetype/freetype.h... yes
checking whether it's freetype 2... yes
checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... yes
checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... yes

** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.11:

   Support for PNG library:          no
   Support for JPEG library:         yes

This is a listing of my /usr/local/lib directory:

[19:23:47 root@little_boy: /usr/local/lib]# ls
apache2            libexpat.so.4            liblber.a       =
libspgrove.so
compat             libfreetype.a            liblber.so      =
libspgrove.so.1
libcharset.a       libfreetype.so           liblber.so.2    libstyle.so
libcharset.so      libfreetype.so.9         libldap.a       =
libstyle.so.1
libcharset.so.1    libgettextlib-0.11.5.so  libldap.so      libtiff.a
libcups.a          libgettextlib.so         libldap.so.2    libtiff.so
libcups.so         libgettextsrc-0.11.5.so  libldap_r.a     libtiff.so.4
libcups.so.2       libgettextsrc.so         libldap_r.so    libungif.a
libcupsimage.a     libgrove.so              libldap_r.so.2  libungif.so
libcupsimage.so    libgrove.so.1            libltdl.a       =
libungif.so.5
libcupsimage.so.2  libiconv.a               libltdl.so      libz.a
libdb3.a           libiconv.so              libltdl.so.1    m3
libdb3.so          libiconv.so.3            libpng.a        mysql
libdb3.so.3        libintl.a                libpng.so       perl5
libdb3_cxx.a       libintl.so               libpng.so.5     =
perllocal.pod
libdb3_cxx.so      libintl.so.4             libruby.so      python2.1
libdb3_cxx.so.3    libjpeg.a                libruby.so.16   ruby
libexpat.a         libjpeg.so               libsp.so
libexpat.so        libjpeg.so.9             libsp.so.1

Randomly Generated Quote:
May I please be excused? My Brain is full.=20

Mike Loiterman
PGP Key 0xD1B9D18E
http://www.ascendency.net