Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:57:12 +1200
From:      Benjamin <byu17@uclive.ac.nz>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fwd: Re: Linux binary looks for /proc/cpuinfo, dies when cannot be found, even when linprocfs mounted.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Linux binary looks for /proc/cpuinfo, dies when cannot be
found, even when linprocfs mounted.
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:56:38 +1200
From: Benjamin <byu17@uclive.ac.nz>
To: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>

> I very much doubt that your report of 'crash' was due to unability
> to open /proc/cpuinfo, the failure scenario should be much more spectacular
> and fun to watch.

grep: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory

The Quartus II software is optimized for the Intel Pentium III processor
and newer processors.  The required extensions were not found on:
''

The Quartus II software will not function properly on this processor model.
Terminating...
exit: Illegal number: -1

FreeBSD foo@bar.weasel 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Sat Mar 26
19:15:18 NZDT 2011     foo@bar.weasel:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BLACKBOX  i386

> Can you put the binary somewere so I can look into it ?

Probably not without breaking copyright.