Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:52:55 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        gmarco@giovannelli.it (Gianmarco Giovannelli)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Important: -O flag crashes cc in libncurses

> first of all this is my configuration : Mb Asus Tx97-e, Pentium 233, 64mb

overclocked? if yes, this reply applies.

if not, it still might be true...

> (edo ram), 2 hd 4 giga wide scsi quantum, 2940uw,  a dec 21141 ethernet
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10

even tho you get it to work with -O2 and -O3, i'd say you crash
your cc coz of the memory or coz of your cpu.

those just cant keep up, or something.

at least i've gotten those coz of memory, slownig ram or changing it
to better (quolity and/or faster) have always fixed those for me.

or just the cpu, cool it more. my cpu gives me those whenever i try to
overclock it, i have better coolers waiting my next shutdown.

with proper cooling we run our dns at work now on 250mhz mmx. =))))))))

(which model you have anyway? black? those cool better...)

and i believe this belongs to the hardware@freebsd.org

mickey