Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:10:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Darin Slovitt <darin@slovitt.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limits Problems ...

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> This is a known bug in 3.0, most commonly affecting laptop users.   We
> haven't been able to track down the exact cause of it.

It's quite interesting that something like this isn't considered a little
more important.

In my case, it's on a PII 333MHz machine. The only reason why I decided to
install current was because I had a 3COM 905B NIC, currently unsupported
via RELEASE.

Update: the problem seems to be gone ... all I did was recompile the
KERNEL using GENERIC and change absolutly nothing. Seems a little
disconserning that customizing the KERNEL actually introduces nasty
side effects, much like this one.

Ohwell, I'll just keep using GENERIC =)

--
TTYS :-)