Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:35:58 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu (Bill Paul)
Cc:        shocking@bandicoot.prth.tensor.pgs.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patched RealTek driver -- please test

OK - I've banged on the new version with  extra debug messages and it still
locks up, but without any messages! I can only conclude that the 486MB BIOS is
iffy. I haven't tried any other slots in the MB, but have tried various PCI
settings, all to no avail. I have swapped the de0 and the rl0 between
machines, and the rl0 is happy in it's new home - hasn't fallen over, although
it's netpipe performance sucks with very small packets. I think we can write
this one off as a faulty PCI implementation on the 486 motherboard. Thanks for
your patience & time.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California