Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:49:16 -0600
From:      "Aaron Sonntag" <aaron@sonntag.org>
To:        "Alex" <al.feldman@sangoma.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Boot Manager

Most people would say the FreeBSD native boot manager is just fine...
In most cases i find it adequate too...
But just from experience with various boot manager software, i have always
found System Commander the be the best off the shelf product... it has been
a long while since i used it... but last time i did a crazy multiboot system
i had Win95, WinNT, MS-DOS, Linux, and NextStepOS all happily running on two
2gig drives.  Needless to say i was just trying to see what i could do... it
wasnt a particularly useful configuration ;-)
One thing system commander was specifically good for was protecting my other
installed operating systems from Windows 95.  Windows 95 would wipe the MBR
upon install and basically make life hard, and system commander handled this
issue seamlessly.

Aaron Sonntag