Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 02:49:37 -0700
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TESTERS WANTED: Possible fix to Firefox crash

On Friday 15 October 2004 09:43 pm, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
wrote:
> Got Firefox?  Got crashes?  Apply the patch at
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/firefox.diff, and see if the crashes
> go away.
>
> To apply the patch, do the following:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/www
> # patch -p < /path/to/firefox.diff
>
> Then upgrade Firefox.  You can use http://www.marcuscom.com/xxx.html to
> test to see if the crash is still present, but I would prefer you to
> test some other known crashing sites as well.  Thanks.

It works for me. It doesn't crash on your test site, but IIRC it only crashed
on one other site on me before, and I don't remember where the site was. I
did test it on your test page before upgrading, and it caused it to crash,
but the patch fixed that for sure. If you have any more links I'd be happy to
test it further. I can also install themes and extensions now, which wasn't
possible before. Am running 5.3-BETA7.

- jt