Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:42:45 -0700
From:      Joel Mc Graw <jpmcgraw1@home.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Alpha wannabe newbie--what hardware?

Hello,

I'm a PC-bound FreeBSD lover that wants to get an alpha to play with.
According to the description on FreeBSD mall:

FreeBSD/AXP supports the following alpha platforms:

                             UDB, Multia, AXPpci33, Noname
                             EB164, PC164, PC164LX, PC164SX
                             EB64+, Aspen Alpine, etc
                             AlphaStation 200, 250, 255, 400
                             AlphaStation 500, 600
                             Digital Personal Workstation 433, 500, 600
                             Compaq Professional Workstation XP900,
XP1000, AlphaServer DS10
                             DEC3000/300 family (netboot only)
                             DEC3000/[4-9]00 family (netboot only)

On ebay I've seen several machines billing themselves as Alpha 500a
workstations.  Is there a difference between these and the  Personal
Workstation 500 listed above?  What other issues should I be aware of?
Suggestions?  Is there some really good documentation somewhere?

Thankyou

--
Joel Mc Graw

"Where there is faith there is no peace."