Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:31:52 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two branches in Gnome and fbsd response to it

-On [19991124 13:20], Ariel Burbaickij (Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de) wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:

>> ports in cvs is only current, but that does not imply the ports
>> shouldn't be stable.  Hence I said to take it up with the maintainer and
>> the ports list to let your dissatisfaction be known, but don't just be a
>> messenger, be a part of the solution.  That's what I have been trying to
>> say.

>  Or well got it I somehow thought YOU are the maintainer of gnome-related
>  part of ports.Well surely I will take up contact then.

/usr/ports/irc/xchat
[asmodai@lucifer] (14) $ more Makefile

[snip]

DISTNAME=       xchat-1.3.8

[snip]

MAINTAINER=     jim@FreeBSD.org

[snip]

So as you see, the current port is 1.3.8 even.  And Jim Mock
(jim@freebsd.org) is the maintainer.

>> I never had problems with ports being beta or current or how you call
>> it.  They were always stable for use in our production
>  I do.The outpuit of xchat-1.3.7 vanishes after I had used programm 3 or
>4 times.

Mayhaps the new port solves that problem?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      bART Internet Services /