Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:45:36 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bootdisk problems/md related

[jkh cc:'d since he's the release engineer]

-On [20000714 12:25], Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (jruigrok@via-net-works.nl) wrote:
>So I decided to test the STABLE bootdisks.  Downloaded the 7-12 ones and
>tried them on the laptop of a helldesker here.

[snip]

>I am testing this set on desktop now and see if it has the same problem.

Same problem, this time more scribblings:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
md0: raw parition size != slice size
md0: start 0, end 855, size 856
md0c: start 0, end 5759, size 5760
md0: truncating new parition
md0: rejecting partition in BSD label: it isn't entirely within the slice
md0: start 0, end 855, size 856
md0a: start 0, size 5759, size 5760
spec_getpages: (#md/2) I/O read failure: (error 22) bp 0xc5f50420 vp 0xcb307ec0
                size: 4096, resid: 4096, a_count: 4096, valid: 0x0
		nread: 0, reqpage: 0, pindex: 405, pcount: 1
vm_fault: pager read error, pid 1 (swapper)
init died (signal 6, exit 0)
panic: going nowhere without my init!

This is a showstopper for now.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands