Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:39:57 +0100
From:      Chris Whitehouse <chris@childeric.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Conrad

Perry Hutchison wrote:
>> I am interested in downloadind the 2 disks for linux, and trying
>> to install them on my computer, but I am not sure what i have to
>> download, could comeone please help me
>
> You may be asking the wrong list.  FreeBSD is not Linux, although it
> can run many Linux binaries if configured appropriately.
>
> For Linux, you probably want to be looking into something along the
> lines of Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandrake, or Suse.

If it is FreeBSD you want to install try

%fetch
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.1/6.1-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

from a command prompt (the above command is all on one line). If you are
using a windows computer, go to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org and navigate to
the directory above and download 6.1-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso.

When it has downloaded burn it to CD and boot from the CD. You can
install just from 6.1-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso. 6.1-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso
has more software packages but you can install them later online.

See also http://www.freebsd.org/handbook

Chris