Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:31:01 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USE_LINUX?

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 09:24:48PM +0400, Aleksandr A.Babaylov wrote:
> I think that it is wery useful to install acroread to
> /compat/linux/usr/local/bin, linux-netscape to
> /compat/linux/usr/local/lib (as I do for years) so on.
> /compat/linux/usr/local absent in our linux so there no interseptions.
> /compat/linux/usr/local/bin can be in PATH.

I personally don't want to have yet another thing to put in my path and
my user's path.  Nor do I want to be concious that FreeBSD's acroread is
really the Linux one.  You're suggestion may be useful for those cases
where there are true native FreeBSD binaries available, but I'm not sure
for all cases.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)