Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:19:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        mrl@teleport.com, current@Freebsd.Org
Subject:   Re: aic7xxx driver problem with wide and narrow busses attached.

> Disable parity detection in SCSI-Select.  I'm still trying to
> track down why this happens on machines that have both a
> Wide and narrow bus attached.  (Hey Rod... care to lend me
> a wide disk again? 8-)

I'll have to do some house cleaning... my spare wide drive is a bit
full of data right now:
/dev/sd1a     2088244  1936934   -15750   101%    /B

> I'll turn parity error checking off again in the driver for now.

I'll slap a narrow disk on my 2940W and see if I can duplicate it
here, if it does duplicate I'll see about getting this data rolled
out to other disks and get it down to you for a debug session...

Should I be able to duplicate this in -stable, or does this problem
only seem to be occuring with -current?