Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:02:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        "Andrey M. Fedorov" <andre@kolasc.net.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: environment for programming in FreeBSD

Also, if you check the manpage for vi, it's definitely not a "simple"
editor :)

It has many useful features, alot of which most people don't understand so
were not carried on in other editors..

But having good, straightforward tools that give you complete control over
your programming environment as opposed to a dead-simple interface which
does some of the coding for you ( in the case of MS visual C++, it puts
non-standard stuff in there so as to make your code very hard to port )

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )