Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:42:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG, pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org, andreas@klemm.gtn.com
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] RE: pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, possibly shared li

> They insist that all traces of /usr/local/include/tcl.h,
> /usr/local/lib/libtcl.* are removed before any tcl/tk will be built.
> There was a whole thread on this.  Sorry.  Not the ports tree, but make
> world or something.  The FreeBSD ``port'' of PostgreSQL needs to acomodate
> this.

Yes, this was a bug in the configure stuff, where if it found something
in /usr/include, it made TCL_INCDIR="", so the compile did -I with no
directory name, and it took the next file as the include directory and
failed.

This will be fixed in today's release of 6.3.1.

> >> d.  /usr/local/bin/wish8.1 -f ~/src/pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/pgaccess.tcl
> >>     produced:
> >>
> >> Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": Undefined
> >> symbol
> >> "_PQnotifies" in wish8.1:libpgtcl.so
> >>     while executing
> >> "load libpgtcl.so"
> >>     (procedure "main" line 3)
> >>     invoked from within
> >> "main $argc $argv
> >
> >       Known bug, but apparently just FreeBSD related...at least insofar
> > as I can't reproduce it under Solaris, just under FreeBSD...
>
> To me most of tcl looks like (most likely) Hebrew to you :-)  I really
> cannot fix it with any reasonable efficiency :-((
>
> Any volunteers?  Access to a machine can be made to trusty parties.

Not sure about FreeBSD, but I have it working on BSDI by creating a
shared library version of libpgtcl, and change pgaccess to use that
library name.