Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:16:56 PST
From:      "Randy Porter" <r_porter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Configuring Dial on Demand gateway

I am trying to configure a dial-on-demand gateway for a small network,
and have gotten stuck.

The modem is configured and works correctly, and can dial using tip.

I followed the step through instructions in the pedantic PPP primer, but
continue to get a 'Add route failed: 0.0.0.0 already exists' message
when starting ppp in auto mode.  I have added a delete ALL line to the
section, but that didn't change the behavior.

If I start ppp using interactive, I can delete the 0.0.0.0 route, exit
ppp and then restart ppp using demand.

I have reviewed the configuration files, and am at a loss as to where
the route is being added.

Any advice or other references would be appreciated.

Thanks

Randy