Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:57:25 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org" <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question about bthidd client.c

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Maksim Yevmenkin
<maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I notice that if bthidd is running, and bluetooth is not active, or
>> the configured host is out of range, the client_rescan() function
>> generates new vkbd devices every 20 seconds or so. I believe this will
>> eventually lock up the machine.
>>

> may be... usually devices will reconnect, i.e. reconnect_initiate
> would be 1. however, this is a known problem. for whatever reason
> "cloned" devices are not completely going away when closed. similar
> problem exists with other "cloned" devices. its not bthidd or
> bluetooth code specific.
>
> thanks
> max

Thanks for the reply. Is there a better way to decide if a device is
'connectable'? It looks like a chicken-and-egg kind of problem, since
the connect routine uses the established vkbd device. I am thinking
that attempting to connect to the device on psm 1 is a way to verify
that the host is connectable in the first place, before creating a new
vkbd. Or, maybe the new vkbd can be destroyed on failure... but maybe
this would cause other problems.

I noticed this problem when I had the dongle unplugged, so there was
no bluetooth available. But I had left bthidd set to start in rc.conf.

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
Los Altos California USA