Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:56:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   STRAY IRQ's message what does it means?

Hello.

We have a server attached to two parallel printers, both HP LaserJets,
one colour type. The colour laser is attached to the on board parallel
port, the second b/w laser is attached to a second parallel port card
on ISA bus.

What ever combination I tried, whatever I configured in the kernel
(with or without DMA, with or without ECP facilities of the parallel
port), I get many times this error message:

stray irq 7
too many stray irq 7's; not logging any more

sometimes
stray irq 5
too many stray irq 5's; not logging any more

IRQ 7 is attached to the HP C-LJ4500 on LPT1, IRQ 5 to LJ4000 on LPT2,
bot ports are configured as SPP.

-
MfG
O. Hartmann