Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 20:27:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      daniel B <danielb@pacex.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Multiple NICs in one subnet

Realy need help on this one;

My network topology:

[ DSL router ]---[ fbsd firewall ]-----[  DNS/SMTP/HTTP machine ]
                ep1             ep0

I have a /27 subnet and am trying to install firewall for my network on a
seperate FreeBSD machine with two nics running 3.1.
. All nics configured correctly with their own IPs
. kernel configured for IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
. /etc/rc.conf setup for fire wall & gateway_enable=YES

Problem #1: I keep getting  the following errors:
/frank routed[89]: ep1 (204.1.212.130/27) is
duplicated by ep0  (204.1.212.131/27)

frank /kernel: arp: 204.1.212.156 is on ep0 but got reply from 00:20:4f:45
on ep1

How do I force ep1 to pass packets from router to firewall
and ep0 from firewall to internal fbsd machine while having
everything  on the same subnet?
Is it possible?
If not what do I need to change/modify for it to work?

Dan