Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:40:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Removal of netns - politically correct version

De: Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> [ Data: 2003-03-05 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: Removal of netns - politically correct version ]
> On the other hand, there's no compelling reason to dike it out,
> if it can be made to work.  I would argue that ISA support is
> more or less just as obsolete, as is 486 support, as is the F00F
> bug workaround, as is ... a lot of code that's still there.

ISA support is not obsolete.  All new PCs still have ISA busses.  They
might not have ISA Expansion Bus Slots, but they all[*] still connect
their serial ports, parallel ports, and mouse/keyboard ports via ISA.

Warner

[*] well, except for the legacy free ones, which aren't many.