Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:52:37 +0100
From:      franceschini_a@tiscali.it
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ralink (DWL-G510) transmit power

Hi All,

	I've changed my old wireless board (Prism II InstantWave HR PCI card) with
	a new DWL-G510.

	The driver seems to recognize the card correctly but for some reasons it wouldn't
	work.

	After a while I came up with a "solution", the problem was in the range.

	It is extremely short!  6 meters at most in line of sight!

	I tried with a 15db gain antenna without success.. and I'm wondering if there's
	a way to increase the txpower of this card (I tried using ifconfig txpower)

	Can anyone suggest me a board/chipset with higher transmit power?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea.