Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:39:20 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RealPlayer 7

Donn Miller wrote:

> Anyone get this beast to work on -current?  The audio works, but the video
> doesn't work at all.  I have COMPAT_LINUX in my kernel, and RealPlayer 5.0
> works pretty well.

	I got disgusted with RP 5 because all of my favorite programs updated
to G2 format, so I nuked it. Today I installed the latest linux-base
port, downloaded the binary (non-rpm) version of linux RP 7 and it
worked great. video and all. This is on an up-to-the-minute 5.0-Current.

	I tried the rpm version, but it complained about not finding
"/etc/madb" or something like that. Since the binary install worked, I
didn't pursue it.

HTH,

Doug
--
"While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
 it would be easier sometimes to change the past"

     - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"