Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:47:54 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        "Scott R." <reverend@sfmidimafia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple Samba Question(?)

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:04:08AM -0700, Scott R. wrote:
> [I am not currently subscribed to this mailing list, so please 'cc:' me=
=20
> in any replies.  Thank you.]
>=20
> I have a simple home network with one Windows XP machine and one FreeBSD=
=20
> 4.6.2-RELEASE machine.  I am trying to set up a Samba share on the=20
> FreeBSD machine that the WinXP box can read/write to.  I can get it to=20
> read the share, but I cannot seem to write to it.  My config file is=20
> really simple:
>=20
> [global]
>         workgroup =3D MYWORKGROUP
>         netbios name =3D DRAGULA
>         security =3D SHARE
>=20
> [Shared]
>         path =3D /u1
>         read only =3D No
>         guest ok =3D Yes
>=20
> Every time I try to write to the share, I get an "Access Denied" error.=
=20
> I'm using Samba 3.0a19.  I had this working before I moved and now I=20
> cannot remember how I got it to work (I just remember it was a pain).=20
> I've also searched high and low all over the net and come up with=20
> nothing.  Any help you all may be able to offer would be greatly=20
> appreciated.
>=20
> -Scott

Hi Scott (good name by the way) :)

I have a page on Samba, that also has links to various other pages,
including a good trouble shooting one. It's more Linux oriented, but
might be of use--it's at
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/samba.html

HTH

--=20

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Isn't that what they called The Slayer?=20
Willow: Buffy, ohh scary.=20
Xander: Someone has to talk to her people. That name is striking=20
fear in nobody's hearts.=20

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V--