Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 16:47:48 +0000
From:      Richard Morte <ric@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
To:        Michael Slater <mikey@iexpress.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Iwill SCSI Host Adapter

Dear Michael,

For a moment I thought someone was able to help me out... (sigh).

No, sorry, I never did get it fixed. But that's not to say it isn't
fixable.

I think the problem lies somewhere in the fact that this is a cheap card
and (just like winmodems) may not come with the full complement of
hardware. In particular I'm not even sure if it has an on-board eprom to
which the default values can be written...

In my case the card is used to back up software on the windows side of a
spare dual boot FreeBSD / Windows machine, so I'd have been happy if the
kernel configuration had ignored it completely.

Now that there are two of us with the same problem, perhaps someone on
the list might have another look. By all means raise it as a question if
you want - but just be aware that I didn't get any response to all three
postings. I think it's simply an area in which few in the group have any
experience of this particular piece of kit.

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help this time.

Ric