Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 03:47:07 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Matthew Gardiner <kaiwai@vfemail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4 balls up

--Boundary-02=_fqRxAaXT7ALoIBs

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 02:29, Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> Here is the error:

[Possibly interesting output missing]

> erhaps you should add the directory containing `xrender.pc'
> No package 'xrender' found
> checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
> checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h usability... yes
> checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h presence... yes
> checking for X11/extensions/Xrender.h... yes
> checking for XRenderFindStandardFormat... no
> configure: error: libXrender not found or too old.
> =3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/x11-fonts/libXft/work/libXft-2.1.6/config.log"=20

It would be nice if you could attach the abovementioned config.log. FWIW I=
=20
wonder why you didn't report that error plus requested information to=20
gnome@freebsd.org as suggested. No point in doing so now anymore however.

> As you can see, everything installs nicely until XFree86-4 clients.
>
> As for how I am doing it, as I said in previous emails, I am building from
> the meta port XFree86-4, and when I start the build process nothing else =
is
> installed. It is a completely clean installation.
>
> Btw, this has just recently occurred. Before I downloaded the mini-iso,
> installed, cvs'uped and everything was built nicely from the ports. That
> was just a couple of days ago.

I've tried to reproduce this in a clean jail running 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8 with=
=20
current ports (cvsup'd today) and building the XFree86-4 port worked fine a=
ll=20
the way as expected so I'm still not sure what's going wrong for you. Maybe=
=20
the config.log will help shed some light on the issue.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org