Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 1996 18:20:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de (Lars Koeller)
Cc:        metcalf@imagine.com, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unremovable directories

> > I was recently doing some system maintenance when I accidentally
> > corrupted a directory entry.
> > Apparently some of the symbolic links I was making caused the
> > corruption.  Now when I perform
> > the following:
> >
> > rm -rf unremovable/
> >
> > I get
> >
> > rm: unremovable/: Directory not empty
> >
> > The directory is owned by root and I am performing the rm command as
> > root.

I remember having had this problem with rm on FreeBSD-2.0.5

rm -rf unremovable/  gave always 'Directory not empty'
whereas 'rm -rf unremovable', 'rmdir unremovable', and 'rmdir unremovable/'
worked fine.
Does this apply to you ?

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                                                     (
    Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Inst.f.Theor.Physik, NB6/169          )