Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 03:32:46 -0400
From:      "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Cc:        hutton@isi.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: throughtput measurements for fast ethernet

   From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
   Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:48:13 +0200 (MEST)

   Someone told me some time ago when I was seeking for similar
   figures (Garret ?) that FreeBSD can saturate 10/100 Mbit with
   appropriate CPU power. The only interesting question would be CPU
   utilization during transfer compared to other L-word OSs.

I'd be more interested in seeing FreeBSD get low latencies, but as
long as you guys are bzero()'ing a structure on the stack of
tcp_input() for every packet that arrives just for T/TCP's sake, it
isn't going to happen.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><