Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:51:55 +0800 (JST)
From:      "Francis A. Vidal" <francis@usls.edu>
To:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>

hi all,

we are planning of giving our students, faculty and staff e-mail accounts
this year (7,500 population). i have evaluated two web interface packages
-- IMP and TWIG -- which are both very good and offer a nice interface to
the e-mail system.

however, adding, deleting, disabling, and changing user information is
quite a task for 7,200 accounts with only a couple of full-time staff.
what tools do we need to manage these accounts? it would also be nice if
all the accounts were stored in a SQL server. i have looked into the
possibility of using these packages:

	OS -- FreeBSD
	SQL server -- MySql 3.22.25
	MTA -- Postfix (supports SQL server lookups)
	IMAP & POP -- Cyrus
	Web Interface -- TWIG or IMP
	Web Server -- Apache 1.3.6 + SSL + PHP3

the problem is how to `glue' these packages together for easier
management. it's also good if the users were able to change the password
themselves via a web interface and not to call us everytime they want to
change their passwords.

--
francis vidal   university of st. la salle, bacolod city, philippines
. . . . . . .   PGP key available via e-mail / subject: get PGP key