Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:58:24 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Flush Memory

	Hi all.  Ok, I've got one server that's got a problem.  I'm not sure which
is the offending program, but until I get time to find it I kind of want to
Band-Aid it for now.  What's happening is I've got processes that are using
memory but not releasing it after they close, then the memory fills up and
dumps into the swap file, that overloads and the server dies.

	I'm looking for something that will go in and flush the physical memory
every hour and clear out any memory that isn't locked by a given
process.  Basically memory that can be freed up and isn't needed
anymore.  I know they have a program called "freemem" that does something
similar to this on windoze, but I'm just needing to totally clean out the
dead, abandoned, orphaned, or unused physical memory without dumping it to
the swap file to maximize available memory.  Any ideas?  Thanks.