Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:38:25 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Anthony Jenkins <Scoobi_doo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: urtwn panic

Anthony Jenkins wrote:
> I'm getting a panic with the latest kernel (r264719) and the if_urtwn driver.

Might the urtwn device overheat, not return & cause a panic ?
My urtwn device is very small, no thermal path to dump heat.  I've
not tried on current, but on 10.0-RELEASE I saw my urtwn0 interface
disappearing; I read parts of the driver; & noticed there's mention
of a temperature level, I didn't tweak it, but hung my device on a
USB extension cable at 10 C outside the window, & later in front
of a chassis input fan at ~ 20 C room temp., I think both locations
lasted longer or perhaps indefinately without urtwn0 , can't remember,
I suspended pursuing it.  Device picture for those who don't know
how small this, & other URLs via: http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/urtwn/

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Interleave replies below like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".