Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:57:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        darien@kindlund.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Automatic SSID assignment?

Darien Kindlund writes:
| As I had indicated, I don't use the Lucent/Orinoco "wi" drivers - rather,
| I use the "an" drivers that are associated with Aironet 340 Wireless
| Cards.
|
| On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Marco Molteni wrote:
|
| > What you want to do is decoupled from SMN or any other scanner. With
| > the aironet card, you simply type
| >
| >     ifconfig an0 ssid -
| >
| > and it will magically associate.
|
| Thanks!  I'll give that a shot.

Also you can specify multiple SSIDs and then it will switch between
them automatically.  You can now do this in -stable or use ancontrol
to set the various SSIDs.  Note you can only do this for 3 SSIDs.

I currently do this at work and roam between different SSIDs with the
Aironet driver (but had to fix ifconfig to do the right thing).

Doug A.