Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:50:57 +0100
From:      Burhan Nazir <burhan@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        Martins Struka <martinss2000@inbox.lv>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Root problem & Passwords

Martins Struka wrote:

>    Dear Sir / Madam,
>
>    Our companys e-mail server is runing on FreeBSD. I need to add new
>    accounts and edit exsisting accounts.
>
>    1.    What can I do if the superuser root password is missing and the
>    second added user password is not known also?
>
>    2.    Is it possible to reinstal FreeBSD not loosing current
>    configuration and data?
>
>    What can I do? I am desperate!! Please help me!

If you do not know the root password, you do not need to re-install to get
your password back.

Read the following, this will show you what to do.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/admin.html#FORGOT-ROOT-PW

-Burhan

--
FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE | http://www.freebsd.org
12:45PM  up 81 days, 20:46, 13 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.14, 0.06