Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:13:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        usleepless@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/pvr250 / Hauppauge PVR250 on ECS K7VMM+

--- usleepless@gmail.com wrote:
> what kind of disk is this?

Maxtor 6L200P0 with udma133...
They dont share IRQs...

> i dunno. there seems to be something funny going on between your
> capturecard and your harddisk. i can't troubleshoot that from here.

hmm...
Would looking at the ivtv driver help? Maybe that Hauppauge cards need a
workaround somehow?

> i would probably try to find out if there is a firmware update for
> your motherboard, switching disks, writing to a network share instead
> of local disk... etc.

Yup - Currently I capture the movies on another box and send it through the
network... But I thought it would reduce CO2 output, if my main box does the
capture task, too...

> post the console-messages of the cxm-driver on module-load please.

Ohoh...
I already rearranged everything...
There were indeed many messages about probing and numbers...
Today I cannot test anymore, because the Simpsons&MythBusters start soon
(slightly overlapping; and later PrisonBreak&TheUnit and others), so that
everything needs to be orderly again... :-)
I will send the messages tomorrow...

-Arne