Date:      16 Jun 99 14:10:52 EDT
From:      Marius M.Rex <MariusRex@netscape.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: partitions

Bounced once, and we try again.

Just one note when installing FreeBSD and Linux on the same system.  If =

you put a FreeBSD slice between a Linux nAtive partition and an extended
Linux partition, Linux won't be able to find it's extended partition. =

I have fallen to that gotcha.
  =

Look at this HOWTO for more details:

http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Linux+FreeBSD.html

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Juergen Leising wrote: =3D

> On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 11:14:15AM +0200, Roger Jansen wrote: =3D

> > Hya, =3D

> > =3D

> > I'm trying to install FreeBSD on my server. I've got the Walnut Creek=
=3D
 =3D

> > CD-ROM of FBSD 3.0 and went into the installation process. Everything=
=3D
 is =3D

> > rather straight forward, though be it time consuming, to install, exc=
=3D
ept =3D

> > for one thing. =3D

> > =3D

> > I've got some problems with setting up the partitions for use with FB=
=3D
SD. =3D

> > =3D

  > > Situation: On the server is currently RedHat 5.2 running. For RedHa=
=3D
I've =3D

  *snip*

Marius M. Rex
"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals.
I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."