Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2001 22:40:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Jake Bishop <jb3insf@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome with 4.4 PRERELEASE

Jake Bishop writes:
 > Hello,
 > I installed 4.3 RELEASE and cvsuped to 4.4 PRERELEASE using the
 > stable-supfile.I am build Gnome from the port x11/gnome. When I ran make
 > install it stopped with an error about gnome-guile-0.20.There is not
 > alot of info about the actual error though.

If you're seeing something like:

gtkhtml-glue.c:113: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
     gtkhtml-glue.c:113: initializer element is not computable at load time
     gtkhtml-glue.c:113: (near initialization for `sgtk_gtk_htmlstream_info_gtk.object_size')
     gtkhtml-glue.c: In function `sgtk_gtk_html_get_title':
     gtkhtml-glue.c:616: warning: passing arg 1 of `scm_take0str' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
     *** Error code 1

then it sounds identical to ports/29463

According to FUJISHIMA Satsuki, "guile-gnome-0.20 is actually
incompatible with gtkhtml-0.11.1."

I assume its being worked on.

Drew