Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 01:04:15 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Henning Meier-Geinitz <henningmg@gmx.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SANE port

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 12:50:41AM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> patch-ae (missing DBG_INIT and implementation of sanei_scsi_find_devices):
>   The DBG_INIT is fixed in 1.0.4. Concerning the rest of the patch: I
>   would like to add it to SANE for 1.0.5. Is this possible (SANE is
>   GPL, I don't know the licence of the patches in ports)?

By definition the patch to a GPL'ed program is GPL'ed.  This `patch-ae'
is GPL'ed.  The only question is one of ownership.  Does the SANE group
insist on owning all the code in SANE as the FSF does with GCC, or do you
not really care?

In general the patches should be assumed to be under the same license as
the source they patch.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)