Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:37:16 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>, shigeru@iij.ad.jp, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch for wi driver

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 12:42:27AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> It has two antennas.  Or at least two connectors that look like
> antenna connectors.  This is the same as some of the aironet cards
> that I've seen (but not the same as the cisco 342 that I have).  The
> an driver supports two antennas so this is suggestive.

The Cisco cards have two antennas inside that thing.  Their diversity
support is one of the major advertised features.  Actually, the Cisco
cards look exactly like the older Aironet cards once you attach the
standard antenna to the old ones so I suspect it's exactly the same except
that they bonded the antenna on to cut costs.  The PCI cards still have
the version without an antenna and they attach a single antenna to the
back of the card via a cable.  There is actually a punched hole on the
back for a second antenna, but I'm pretty sure you must get a firmware
upgrade to make it work.

-- Brooks