Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:14:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        "Schmalzbauer, Harald" <H.Schmalzbauer@belenus.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pthreads bug?

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Schmalzbauer, Harald wrote:
> Hallo all,
>
> from http://news.gnome.org/996675873/ I read:
>
> "Chris Toshok, one of the Evolution developers, used to develop on FreeBSD
> up until a few weeks ago because of a bug in FreeBSD's pthreads
> implementation that caused problems. So you see, this isn't a fault of
> Evolution, it's a fault of FreeBSD."
>
> Redradibly I'm no programmer so I don't know anything about "pthreads". I'd
> like to know if this is a known bug and if so when this could be fixed.
> Or is this statment nonsens?

There's probably bugs lingering in most of our code somewhere, userland
and kernel.  I think I'll stop developing for FreeBSD and try another OS.

Seriously, what bug?  There doesn't seem to be a PR from Toshok in our
GNATS PR system.  I don't recall seeing anything from him in the mailing
lists.  Perhaps if I knew where he lived I could have a better chance of
homing in on his brainwaves; I'm just a beginner at this mind-reading
thing.

--
Dan Eischen