Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:28:21 -0400
From:      Katerina <katerina@voyager.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   need help with maxusers

This is probably a newbie question, but I'm a professor at a small
university trying to expose my students to UNIX, so be gentle :)

I have 2.2.2 installed and running except I'm having trouble when too
many people (15) are attempting to telnet in at the same time.  The box
gets slow and sluggish and then it just dies to the point where you
can't login from anywhere but the console.  I tried to get some help on
DALnet where they mentioned changing maxusers and pty and then
recompiling the kernel but can someone give me some specific guidance?

Thanks,

Katerina
--
C. J. A. Katerina van Mourik