Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:06:07 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind9.7.1 Package

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:15:15AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	In the /usr/ports/dns/bind9 ports there is a bind97 port
> that I had no trouble at all installing on a 8.0 system. If I do
> a pkg_add -r bind97, however, pkg_add reports that it is
> unavailable.  I will be building several FreeBSD boxes with
> bind9.7.1 on them so a package would be faster. Am I missing the
> name of the package? If there is no package of bind97, this is not
> a huge setback but it will make each installation take longer
> before named starts to work.

If you can build the port successfully, you can build your own package.
`make package' in the appropriate place will do it for you. Note that
you will probably have to uninstall BIND first on the build machine, but
`make package' will install it and create a binary package for you. You
can then put the package on a local ftp server and point pkg_add in its
direction or use NFS to share it.

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye