Date:      Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:51:03 +0200
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jalmberg@identry.com
Subject:   Re: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

=20
=3E=3E=3E=3E Locked account=2C maybe=3F
=3E=3E=3E=3E
=3E=3E=3E=3E       =20
=3E=3E=3E I=27ve tried several accounts and they all give the same result=
=2E There=27s
=3E=3E=3E also the fact that FTP and Apache seem to be broken=2C as well=2E=

=3E=3E=3E     =20
=3E=3E It could be that your /var filesystem filled up
=3E=3E   =20
=3E I=27m on the console=2C now=2E Looks like a swapspace problem=2E=2E=2E=

=3E
=3E The first terminal is scrolling by the swapspace messages really fast=

=3E =28it kills httpd=2C but then starts again=29=2E
=3E I tried logging in on the 2nd and 3rd virtual console=2C but hangs afte=
=3E I type root - never prompts for password=2E
=3E
=3E Is there anything I can do besides rebooting=3F
=3E
=3E On that subject=2E=2E=2E does Ctrl-Alt-Del initiate an orderly shutdown=
=3F
=3E
You can type shutdown -r now on the console=2C you probably won=27t see it=

because of the messages but it will reboot your machine or you can use
ctrl+alt+del
Check your messages log when it=27s up again to see what has gone wrong
Good luck
bas

DISCLAIMER=3A This e-mail is for the intended recipient=28s=29 only=2E Acce=
ss=2C disclosure=2C copying=2C
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited=2E If yo=
u have received it by
mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system=2E